Director of Development & Community Relations
Responsible for securing the necessary funding and community awareness to advance the mission of the Alliance. Areas of responsibility include development, planning, execution and evaluation of all fundraising and public awareness efforts. Build and maintain strong community relationships. Works under moderate supervision of Executive Director, with use of initiative and independent judgment.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Works to design strategies to support and ensure the success of all fundraising endeavors and secure targeted recognition in the community.
- Conduct public awareness initiatives including marketing, all internal and external communications, and public awareness materials needed to enhance the visibility of the Alliance.
- Develop and implement the organization’s annual fund development plan to meet revenue needs and the goals and objectives of the Alliance's strategic plan.
- Conduct all development activities including, grant writing, internal and external event planning, donor engagement strategies, planned giving, and corporate giving.
- Provide leadership and set the strategy and plan for the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of prospects and existing donors, including conducting donor/prospect research and recommending proposal design and strategies for solicitation.
- Nurture relationships and maintain effective communication with external stakeholders and engage members of a diverse community ranging from donors and volunteers to professionals and families living with the disease.
- Communicate regularly with donors via face-to-face meetings, telephone contact, email and handwritten letters.
- Report on progress toward meeting revenue targets and key development activities.
- Responsible for donor database and ensuring accurate records are kept on all contributions and ensure that all contributions are acknowledged in a timely manner.
- Publicly represent the Alliance with the media and external constituency groups including community, governmental, and private organizations and build excitement for the mission.
- Actively participate in the Board of Director’s Development Committee meetings, providing strategy and outcome updates.
- Communicate with donors, clients, families, stakeholders and the community through e-newsletter, print media, social media, website and other outlets.
- Plan, design and develop print, multimedia and other development and marketing material.
Experience and Education
Ability to communicate with individuals, stakeholders, donors, families and the public. Must have knowledge of non-profit, community, marketing and/or philanthropic development. Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university is required; with at least two years of experience in a field preferred.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.